“What Should We Do Tonight?” How to Answer This Age-Old Question
There are many unsolved mysteries in the world–i.e., the Nazca lines, Stonehenge, the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, why your nose always itches when your hands are full, etc.–but knowing what to do on a night off shouldn’t be one of them. The last thing you want to do is waste a prime opportunity to have some fun! Yeah, you could go to the movies, but isn’t it about time to try a little something different? Below are some ideas to help make your night out an exciting and memorable experience.
1. Hit your local miniature golf course. Your friends and family will have a great time trying to navigate their golf balls through the bumps, ramps and zig-zags of the putting greens, not to mention taking on the windmill or giant clown face near the end. If you’re a golf fan, you get the added bonus of being able to sharpen your putting technique on the sly…just don’t come down too hard on yourself if you don’t break par.
2. Play a round (or three) of laser tag. This unique sport has evolved from a casual backyard recreation to a full-fledged phenomenon, with fully outfitted laser tag arenas springing up all over the country. You can split into teams to challenge each other, or if the crowd is big enough, form your own team and battle an opposing team at your local arena.
3. To take the adrenaline up a notch, try an escape room experience. This real-life mystery adventure is a combination of problem solving, scavenger hunting and detective work, where only the quick-witted will come out victorious. So how does it work? Participants are locked in a themed room and are given a set of riddles, puzzles and clues to solve in order to try and escape the room before the 60-minute time limit expires. If you’re ready to escape the room Cincinnati-style, visit Houdini’s Room Escape, which offers three different themed escape rooms that will take you on a unique and exhilarating adventure.
4. Indoor rock climbing is a great way to incorporate physical exercise into a fun activity. There are few sports out there that allow each member of the group to participate at the same time, but that’s exactly what indoor rock climbing offers. Even if you’ve never set foot (or hand) on a rock climbing wall before, most indoor rock climbing facilities are staffed with trained guides that can help you navigate the walls if need be.
5. Not just for tourists, discover something new to do in your city by checking out TripAdvisor online. Sifting through their massive website to find fun activities can be challenging, so it’s best to use Google to simplify the process. For example, if you’re looking for fun things to do in Cincinnati, type “tripadvisor cincinnati things to do” into Google and it will take you straight to the “Top Things to Do in Cincinnati” page. Now simply click on the “Fun & Games” link in the left sidebar, and take your pick!
You don’t have to be stumped when you hear the question, “What should we do tonight?” Try any one (or all) of the ideas suggested above to create fun and lasting memories!